Folding Diagrams for the Cherry Blossom
p. 2 of 4 (Steps 10-20)
- Open the model out to a pentagon, petal (white) side up.
- Collapse the model to a five-siced analog of the preliminary fold, white side out.
- Note that here are three flaps on the left, and two on the right.
Bisect the tip of the (upper-most) left flap.
- Reverse fold.
- Bisect the sides.
- Unfold to step 14.
- Book-fold, front and rear.
- Repeat steps 12-18 on the other four flaps.
- Open out to a pentagon, green side up. Do not flatten completely, but do tug two adjacent corners of the pentagon apart to flatten that section.
[ Home page | Origami Menagerie | Instructions | Comments | Steps 1-9 | Steps 21-27 ]
Format Copyright 1996-99;
model copyright 1996-97 by
Jasper (aka John Paulsen). Your comments are welcomed.
Last updated July 23, 1999..